Sunday, September 22, 2013

Funny How Things Work Out.

It is kind of funny how things work out. The biggest portion of your life you spend looking forward, wishing time would pass fast so things you are anticipating would hurry and happen. As you reach your so called " golden years" you spend most of your time looking back, wishing time wouldn't go so fast. So many wonderful and not so wonderful memories. MEMORIES, now there is a subject that is really not a favorite discussion.

The word memory to  an older person is generally used in the past tense and for the young it is the future tense. With all that being said, lets move on..

Let's just go ahead and put my age right out there now as I am very thankful that the Lord has seen fit to allow me to stay around my wonderful friends and family for this many years. I have been on earth for 75 years and believe me they have not all been easy.  But then people are not standing in line to ask me my opinion on things and to hear about the way things used to be, although they really should as I am pretty darn smart and have a lot of common sense which is rare these days.(lol)

So, since no one is lined up to ask my opinion, I guess I will just have to volunteer it.  Just kidding. If you find that I am meandering here and there or going on a rabbit trail as my friend Dede says just follow along.  That is one of the fun parts of growing old. It is perfectly OK and you will be totally excused because of your age. Young people call it ADD. I call it FUN.

Come on, see if you can keep up.

Melissa (Lisa)